I am excited to be down to 158 today. I want to do something small to celebrate... and definitely something special if I get to 157.
Ideas:
1) go for a hike out in nature
2) get a healthy snack somewhere (but i don't want to use food as a reward)
3) buy myself a book
4) go and sit by the ocean and enjoy the ocean
5) draw a picture for myself celebrating how special I am
6) make a special piece of jewelry for myself
7) have a "spa day" or at least a spa half day where I do a bunch of things to take care of myself.
8) download some songs on itunes
9) take a fun exercise class that i haven't tried before
10) go play with cute animals somewhere ? (not sure where I could do this but it sounds like fun)
These are all good ideas for ways to reward myself for losing weight. I think it's good to remark on weight loss milestones and have special rewards for myself. Weight loss is hard and it's good to notice that you are making progress. If you don't have special non-food rewards then you might sink back into bad habits of rewarding yourself with food and gain the weight back.
It's also hard not to use shopping as a reward mechanism and that can be frustrating too. I guess part of this blog can be about trying to think of healthy rewards for myself for losing weight. I am tempted to keep going to the friday night party at the palomar but I think I am going to make it only an occasional thing... maybe once a month!
:)
Good Job. Spa days and meditation are really good. I kinda had to chill yesturday but the being at the pool was really nice! I lost another another pound and I am going on a 5 hour hike today.
ReplyDelete