Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I think the last pound is probably the hardest because then you go into "maintain mode" and it's easy to say, ok I made it here, now I'm done...  but you really have to just keep working just as hard as you have been all along...  just to stay where you are.

That's why they say it's a lifestyle change, not a diet.  If you look at it as just a diet then the weight will come right back. 

Sadly.

Which means my days of eating pints of ice cream are probably gone for good.  And now my days of exercising frequently, possibly multiple times a day...  might be something I have to do long term.  Eating less, exercising more.  Sometimes it seems like I have to work harder than other people, but when I look at slim people, I actually see them exercising a lot.  And they don't really eat that much either. 

I think the whole "metabolism" thing is kind of a myth too (that slim people have a better metabolism than heavy people)

I read that your metabolism is actually how many calories you burn just by existing.  And heavy people actually burn more calories just by existing because they have more mass so they need more calories just to maintain the mass they have.

However definitely exercise and eating well do "get your body going" and working better and I think help you to process food better and get everything functioning better.

I am at 154 as of this morning but I didn't sleep very well last night, not sure why...  So I took a nap today and have just been resting today mostly...  I'm not going to stress about it. 

But I hope I can still be at 154 tomorrow, it would be really nice to close out the month with a 3 lb weight loss.  Still, with not much sleep and kind of a lazy day today I'm not going to count on it... but we'll see.

I'll post my exercise/food/weight tables on the 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment