Friday, January 27, 2012

I gained a pound in the last 2 days.  So I am at 159 now.  I was stressed about not having my car and it was harder to exercise.  My routine was off and I wasn't able to slowly plan my meals the way I like to.  I got a massage to relax but it was just at a cheap place and it ended up hurting my knee so then I couldn't go to salsa class that night, so even less exercise!!


Losing weight has definitely been a 2 steps forward, 1 step back battle for me, and I feel like I have to devote effort to it CONSTANTLY.  and it seems like any tiny thing can completely set me backwards.  for example, staying up too late wednesday night.  i went to the 8 oclock class because I didn't have my car so i had to go with my friend and that is when he goes and then he ran errrands afterwards and i didn't get to sleep till 11 so then i was hungry and i didn't have energy to exercise and i wanted to eat more...




i guess i need to create a contingency plan for what happens if i stay up late...  ideally i will get to sleep early all the time but i guess once in a while for some kind of circumstances i will end up staying up late... and i don't want to gain a pound every time that happens!!

so: staying up late contingency plan:  first of all.  take a REAL NAP in the middle of the day.  not a "watching TV" nap but with the curtains closed and no computer.  set the timer for 45 min or an hour.

I don't know... maybe no contingency plan, i can't find anything that helps on the net and the best thing really is to make sure I get enough sleep the next day.  but I guess if I take a long nap during the day and then I have enough energy to get exercise then that should help with not gaining weight if I have to stay up.  but I don't want to make it a habit.  9PM bedtime is it for me.

and I want to start trying to get more regular massages.  Not from the cheap place because I think they can be harmful but maybe get a massage membership at nourish, it's only $65/month for an unlimited amount of massages... it's a pretty good deal!  it might help me be more relaxed and release cortisol which would help me lose weight.  also might make me crave a relationship less and be less needy if I was getting massaged.  which would be cool :)

so...  at least i got enough sleep last night, went to sleep at 9 and woke up at 6 so that was a full 9 hours.  i have energy now to exercise!!  yay!!  my calves could def use a rub down though. 

ok so my plan for today:

eat eggs for breakfast.  i am craving a burrito and i might eat one, they're not so bad for you and i could have one for lunch...  i'm going to yoga at 9:30.  then afterwards maybe a long walk.  or over to creekside to remove ivy.  I feel like I could really use the calming effects of a long walk but it might be good to get some work done and some money...  I need to create a regular schedule.

and then class at the palomar tonight.  and for dinner?  salad... with tempeh and flax seeds.

2 comments: