Thursday, February 2, 2012

How to weigh 155 pounds

this is from my 43things account:

"Awesome! I am so proud!"

How I did it: I cut out refined carbs.  No desserts or white bread.  I went out to dinner last night with my mom and said "No" to bread before dinner and "no" to the little cookie they gave me.  However, if I have little slip ups or mistakes, I just get right back on the horse and keep trying. 
I think what made the biggest difference for me was I started keeping a food journal.  I weighed myself every single day and kept track of it in a spreadsheet in excel.  I also recorded the food I ate and how much I exercised.  Therefor I was accountable to myself and if I ate something and gained weight I knew why it happened and I couldn't say "oh it's just my genetics" or blame it on something vague, I knew it was because of my choices. 




I also created a weight loss blog and invited my mom and a friend of mine to join.  It made a big difference having a team to work with. 

I also found a great website "stumbleupon" that allows you to do web searches.  I have done a TON of web searches for "weight loss" and also for "motivation" which have helped me.  I post motivational quotes on my weight loss blog. 

I tried to exercise as much as I could throughout the day so I wasn't just sitting for long periods of time and I also tried to reduce my stress.  I tried to get enough sleep and eat a lot of vegetables.  I didn't follow any strict kind of diet, just in general trying to eat "healthier choices" with the idea that if I am eating healthier more high fiber choices I will lose weight.  I also tried to eat more olive oil instead of butter.  I read that olive oil has a compound, oleic acid, which helps to break up fat inside the body (stored fat) which helps you use it for energy.

:)

It took me 3 months.

It made me Proud

No comments:

Post a Comment