I was feeling kind of depressed after salsa class today. I wanted to get a burrito to make myself feel better and eat it but instead I bought some sushi and a seaweed salad. I read that the iodine in the seaweed salad helps to balance your thyroid.
I guess I will get a burrito soon but eat it earlier in the day. I think what I ate was probably lighter than a burrito and with more nutrients and better to eat right before bed (even though I would like to get in the habit of eating earlier or somehow changing my schedule, it’s just hard having the 7-8pm salsa class.
i guess i was just feeling depressed because i developed a crush on a guy and then he just stopped calling me and stopped showing up to class and i guess last hope was that he would come to class on wed, today. i told my friends about him and that i thought we were dating and now i’m embarrased that he dropped out of my life. i had to delete his number on my phone because he stopped calling me and i was afraid i didn’t have the willpower to not call him.
february is a hard month for me, with valentines day. last year I ate a lot of ice cream during february, and gained weight. this year i want to eat healthier and ideally lose weight during this month. i don’t want to get into emotional issues now, but i am dealing with a lot of things right now, trying to get ssdi and i have a new job working for my mom which puts our relationship under stress and i’m also volunteering and i have a house to take care of and a cat and i also do salsa dancing and i have friends and i wish i could have a relationship… but that doesn’t seem to happen :(
and trying to lose weight takes a tremendous amount of concentration, willpower, energy, committment energy time effort dedication and priority. I have weighed 160lbs or more my entire adult life since freshman year of high school. at 5 feet 4 and a half inches that is too much, i should be 150 lbs at the most. maybe with all the yoga and now tai chi i do my posture might have improved enough that i am 5’5” hopefully but i should still be 150 pounds. trying to lose 10 pounds is actually really hard, especially when it is something you have had your entire life and when you have also weighed way way more than that sometimes.
i gained 100 pounds when i was around 18 years old very rapidly and stretched my skin out. if i lose enough weight to feel like i am where i want to be, i might have to have surgery to tighten my skin, but maybe not. i am young enough that it might tighten on its own. hopefully!!
it is a little loose right now just from losing the 10 pounds or so I have already lost in the last couple of months. Trying to lose the next 10 pounds is a big challenge and I just have to deeply commit.
I’m lucky I have 43things. I also created a blog that i am hoping my friend and mom will keep up with but it’s so nice to have internet support from 43things too because people are very responsive and supportive and it makes a huge difference in my commitment level. Thanks!!! :)
I guess I will get a burrito soon but eat it earlier in the day. I think what I ate was probably lighter than a burrito and with more nutrients and better to eat right before bed (even though I would like to get in the habit of eating earlier or somehow changing my schedule, it’s just hard having the 7-8pm salsa class.
i guess i was just feeling depressed because i developed a crush on a guy and then he just stopped calling me and stopped showing up to class and i guess last hope was that he would come to class on wed, today. i told my friends about him and that i thought we were dating and now i’m embarrased that he dropped out of my life. i had to delete his number on my phone because he stopped calling me and i was afraid i didn’t have the willpower to not call him.
february is a hard month for me, with valentines day. last year I ate a lot of ice cream during february, and gained weight. this year i want to eat healthier and ideally lose weight during this month. i don’t want to get into emotional issues now, but i am dealing with a lot of things right now, trying to get ssdi and i have a new job working for my mom which puts our relationship under stress and i’m also volunteering and i have a house to take care of and a cat and i also do salsa dancing and i have friends and i wish i could have a relationship… but that doesn’t seem to happen :(
and trying to lose weight takes a tremendous amount of concentration, willpower, energy, committment energy time effort dedication and priority. I have weighed 160lbs or more my entire adult life since freshman year of high school. at 5 feet 4 and a half inches that is too much, i should be 150 lbs at the most. maybe with all the yoga and now tai chi i do my posture might have improved enough that i am 5’5” hopefully but i should still be 150 pounds. trying to lose 10 pounds is actually really hard, especially when it is something you have had your entire life and when you have also weighed way way more than that sometimes.
i gained 100 pounds when i was around 18 years old very rapidly and stretched my skin out. if i lose enough weight to feel like i am where i want to be, i might have to have surgery to tighten my skin, but maybe not. i am young enough that it might tighten on its own. hopefully!!
it is a little loose right now just from losing the 10 pounds or so I have already lost in the last couple of months. Trying to lose the next 10 pounds is a big challenge and I just have to deeply commit.
I’m lucky I have 43things. I also created a blog that i am hoping my friend and mom will keep up with but it’s so nice to have internet support from 43things too because people are very responsive and supportive and it makes a huge difference in my commitment level. Thanks!!! :)
Yes, valentine's day sucks when you don't have an SO. Nonetheless, I think we could develop some coping mechanisms: massage, flowers, a movie.
ReplyDeleteI think it is helpful to recognize that we have bad days when the weight loss/lack of boyfriend/money all seems too hard. Fortunately, these bad moods lift after a few hours, or overnight. If one can remember that the mood will pass, it is not quite as overwhelming.
Finally, an attitude of gratitude helps a lot.
He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has. ~Epictetus