I got my period yesterday. I am thinking.. what are good foods to eat when you are on your period?
you want to make sure you have enough iron. which means eating lean protein sources. such as chicken.
you can also eat leafy greens (always good) but if you choose vegetable iron sources you should combine them with vitamin C to increase absorption.
you should also probably keep your salt intake down... I ate some salty popcorn before going to sleep last night which was a mistake.
anyways... reduce salt intake. increase iron.
make sure you have enough calcium, so eat some yogurt (however greek yogurt doesn't have very much calcium so make sure you have some skim milk too)
nuts and seeds and pineapple to get enough manganese
Lentils: provide fiber, protein, satieting
oatmeal: B vitamins boost serotonin help with mood
Bananas: potassium helps with cramps and bloating
Yogurt: I think that yogurt helps everything. I want to eat some every day.
soybeans can help with hormone balance.
tags: menstruation, PMS, premenstrual syndrome, bloating, nutrition, period
No comments:
Post a Comment