So I am weighing in at 156. I don't have to wiggle on the scale to get there, which is good. I thought about going to a Salsa party last night but decided not to go because there would be an open bar and it just wasn't really my thing. So I went to an "intermediate" yoga class from 5:30 to 7. It was definitely beyond what I normally do, especially because I had already taken a yoga class in the morning and gone for a long walk during the day.
But it was nice to wake up the next day and see the scale a little lower. I ate a lot of asparagus yesterday and I think asparagus is a cleansing food. I read that toxins are stored in the fat cells and as you lose weight those toxins are released into the blood. That is one reason why when you are losing weight you can feel kind of crappy. Which is why it is important to get enough rest and eat a complete, nourishing diet with lots of fruits and vegetables to build up your immune system.
I am trying to lose weight I have had my whole adult life, so there are probably tons of toxins stored in there. I want to do some research on detoxification. Or at least try really hard to eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. (Eat the rainbow!) I know I always feel so much better when I try new things. I hadn't eaten asparagus in a long time and I didn't really want to eat it at first but then when I started eating it, it tasted delicious.
I think going for long walks on Westcliff is something I would really like to do every day. It is one of my goals on 43things and I have been reading about weight loss and cortisol and I think long slow exercise (while it doesn't burn as many calories as interval training) does help you to release cortisol better. And for me, I am all about reducing cortisol. It helps with my bipolar and will help me to decrease belly fat.
I am still keeping a food journal, and I am hoping to lose a couple of pounds in February. February is a hard month for sure because of Valentines Day. Dating is hard. I met a new guy, and it's kind of stressful dealing with new stress from "will he call? what is he thinking?" type things. and it's easy to emotionally eat, which is why it is soooooo good that I don't have any junk food in the house and I am just completely out of the habit of eating any kind of junk food. it's like a junk food embargo up in here. I have really replaced junk food with yoga I think. the medication helps me be less anxious so I don't need it as much and the yoga ditto, REALLY helps with anxiety. I'm so grateful I have that in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment