well I increased my risperdal because I was concerned about my bipolar and felt like I needed some extra support from my medication.
and cue: the weight gain.
up from 152 to 154. and I feel super sluggish, lazy, slow... and totally craving carbs. however, cravings lots of food and feeling sluggish is typical "during my period" behavior, gaining weight is NOT. (usually I would be down to 149ish by now)
so THANKS medication for making me:
a) sluggish
b) retain water
and
c) crave junk food
when are they going to invent psych meds that don't make you feel and look like a pig? (no offense to those of the porcine persuasion)
anyways... it's good to be feeling more "normal" mentally at least, and I know I can handle the weight if I just keep trying. drink a LOT of water, eat a LOT of vegetables... and minimize stress.
and exercise.
No comments:
Post a Comment